Friday, June 03, 2005

Movies and Personality Tests

I found this website and it has online personality tests, what one girl I know calls "total bunk." She has picked up some interestingly classic Minnesotan phrases, despite living most of her life in Kansas.

I took some of the tests, and not too surprisingly, they all came up with the same results. I am very good at math and vocabulary (both 99th percentile). I am also introverted, socially avoidant, schitzoid, and possibly anti-social and obsessive-compulsive. Where they get the schitzoid stuff, I am not too sure. The anti-social thing, that seems a little too crazy. The tests gave the results that I have know all along. Nothing too surprising to say the least. I am a walking psychiatric ward.

People shouldn't worry about the schitzoid thing. Most real psychologists do not consider it a real personality disorder. If it were, then most famous minds, geniuses, artists, and other folks of a similar ilk would be schitzoid. That and most of the US population. Supposedly, it's a sign of genius and great talent. I'm comforted by that thought. I'm actually normal in some respect. For a minute there, I thought I was crazy. Probably am, but at least I'm not that crazy.

There's also a "non-serious" movie personality test. By answering some basic personality questions, it will determing what classic movie best represents you. Supposedly, I am Apocalypse Now, the classic Coppola film. I am a "rogue wanderer on the winding river of life, searching after your shadow self." What that means, I have no damn clue. However, if the movie is to be of help, I will end up like Captain Willard. He goes searching for a rogue Green Beret in the jungle and find him. He ends up going crazy, very slowly. Kurtz is his "shadow self," the psychopath that everyone keeps inside. He's the inner demon of darkness that no one want to show. Great. I spend my entire life alone looking for my shadow self and I go crazy looking for it. How depressing. Damn. And I was hoping to find a girlfriend. Well that's been bombed and burned out of existance by napalm. Unless...there's a girl out there who likes a guy like that. Nah. Highly unlikely. I might try and see what other movie choices there are. Tweak some answers a bit.

Enjoy. That's all for now.

General Personaliy Tests
http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html
Movie Personality Test
http://similarminds.com/movie.html

No comments: