Monday, June 27, 2005

Conjunctivitis and Life

Hello. It's the regularly scheduled update to this blog. As I write this, the lights are dimmed from their normal brightness. Apparently, my left eye has become sensitive to bright lights and looking at such lights cause my eyes to water and causes temporary blindness.

I have bacterial conjunctivitis in my left eye. My right eye is perfectly fine...well, it's somewhat pink, but not as bad as my left eye. I am now taking eyedrops that burn like hell when I put them in. Apparently, it is becoming quite common this time of the year with college students. And they thought their red eyes were caused by excessive drinking and partying the night before.
My left eye looks really creepy, though not as bad as this morning. When I woke up, I thought something like a capillary burst, as my entire eye was an even shade of red. Gross. I finally went to a doctor this afternoon and it took just a few minutes for him to diagnose what was wrong. If I had waited until the next day or later, it probably would have gotten worse, as he noted there was something in my eye. Great. That would have sucked even more. That and it would have cost a lot more. I only had to pay $7 for the eyedrops.

Anyways...I tend to ramble when I write as I like finding tangents and tangents to tangents. I just have too much stuff crammed in my head. Which really confuses people when I explain how the PCR test used for DNA sequencing is related to Sherlock Holmes and bananas. Which, by the way, is a pretty interesting connection.

I like collecting quotes. I also find my life to be somewhat routine. I like my life to be well-ordered. I like many things to be well-ordered, to progress in a logical manner. Which is why I hate the grading system used by law schools, as it tends towards randomness. It still doesn't explain why I ramble off on tangents. Nor does it explain why I am finding this routine life to be dull and tedious. I really need to spice up my life, at least socially. It might help with the social issues I have. I digress too much.
An quote I ganked from the Internet:
"Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human."

I think I might live my life a lot differently. It's time for me to experience the world.

That's all for now.

No comments: