Sunday, June 12, 2005

Employment, Drawing, and Darwin Awards

Hello. It's another blog post from me. I never cease to amaze myself on how cynical, depressed, sarcastic, or bitter I can get about describing my life in general and then do a complete 180 and be happy, which is a quite rare occasion. On the rare occasion I express happiness, I can turn it into something depressing. I must have some switch inside my head. Either that, or I am just not normal in any sense of the word.

Anyways, I got some good news, well it could be considered good news. I got a letter from a law firm in Lawrence. The person in charge of hiring stated the firm will need people in the fall and in the summer. I might be able to get future employment. Woohoo! Employment! And I might get paid! Even better!

I made some drawings this weekend. They turned out quite well. Now I'm begining to think I should have just said to hell with law school and done something else. I wish I could show them to you, but I am having some difficulties in finding a functioning scanner, let alone a digital camera. As much as I love technology, I just hate it when it doesn't work, which in most cases, nearly everytime I use it. Time to do some munging until it works.

I like the Darwin Awards. The website and the book series. I have all the books in the series and I visit the website as much as possible. It's nice to know that my life isn't as crappy as I make it out to be. Which might explain the popularity of Jerry Springer and all the other daytime talk shows. You think your life is messed up, but there is at least one person out there whose life is worse. It's great therapy: it's cheap, entertaining, and daily. Odd tangent.
My relatives used to tell me this sad yet unbelievably funny story about one of my male ancestors who was a drunk. Classic Darwin Awards material. The circumstances involved in his death and the unlikely series of bad decisions and coincidences make it funny. It was supposed to be a warning about the alcohol, but they would tell it while drinking Scotch. Ironic. Too good to be true. It probably isn't true. Oh well, either way, it's still a great story.

That's all for now.

No comments: