Sunday, June 19, 2005

E-Mail

Greetings from the Un-Zone. I haven't felt like posting anything lately. In fact, I haven't felt like doing much of anything lately.

I got an e-mail from a girl I've known since my days in Manhattan, which was a long time ago. I've known her since the 8th grade. She read some of my blogs. She finds them very touching. It's nice to know someone who has a gift for empathy, someone who feels for other people. I can only hope to feel like a child in an adult world. Most days, I like a stranger in a strange land. I did feel much better after reading her e-mail.

I also got another e-mail. It was from a girl I met while I spent a summer at Harvard in 1999. Man, I really miss those weeks there. It was probably one of the few times I didn't feel so lousy about my life. Sure, I had my isolation problems, but I didn't feel so out of place. It was great. I could lose myself in Boston or in the numerous museums and libraries. I learned some fashion tips from the European contingent(girls and guys), sharpened my pool skills, and learned not to call an Israeli girl "hotti ha." That was a painful lesson. Never believe French guys prone to practical jokes. For those not versed in Hebrew, it is a crude term for beautiful, but not as so nice sounding. I digress...
Anyways, I gave this girl the nickname of "Porcelain Amazon." She was the female version of me, but she wasn't Asian and she was a hell of a lot better looking. Beautiful, cool, intelligent, strong-willed, somewhat distant and aloof. It was a shell for an emotionally fragile person. We got along pretty well. I was probably one of the few people who actually understood what she was going through.
She sent an e-mail telling me that she's doing a whole lot better. PA is doing a tour of Europe, visiting all the great cities and places. She's never been happier in her life. She even met a great guy. I'm glad she's doing very well.

At least there is some hope for me. I might find some people I can open up to, short of going to a psychiatrist. I might change my life and be more happy and less lonely and isolated.

That's all for now.

No comments: