Thursday, January 25, 2007

An Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. For all of you constant readers, you know the drill. For those who are not, this site is all about the random stuff that I find interesting going on in my so-called life.

I'm now beginning the painful reasearch process for a research paper. This paper is required for a law school class I'm taking right now. My procrastination and loathing of several aspects of law school academics have caught up to me quite painfully. While slogging through yet another lengthy and well, quite frankly, dry and academic law journal/law review article, I begin to doubt my level of sanity. I also doubt my decision of leaving the writing requirement until the last semester of law school. Then I begin the sanity-doubting procedure again as I think the letters on the paper are moving.
Let me tell you, law school is not what it's cracked up to be. It's nothing like the movies. I can list several movies that make law school seem like a great experience. Legally Blond is one of them. If it were true to reality, I doubt that it would have made for an interesting movie, if your idea of "entertaining" is watching another rehash of a "dumb blond who really isn't and succeeds with flying colors" flick. After seeing the trailer, I knew this was going to be just like that. And I was right. Hollywood definitely needs to come up with better and newer plots...quickly. I digress and I probably angered every single female who has seen this film. And yes, I have (quite regretably and reluctantly) saw this film.

In other news, I have the next installment of Gray Hall II posted online. It's a rambly and informative essay about brainwashing and cult mind control. It also goes into a discussion of how cults are related to law school in a more academic form. After reading it, I scared myself. I seriously need to find an outlet for this.

That's all for now.

No comments: