Sunday, January 07, 2007

Another Small Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only known site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for a small update as I cannot think of anything more to say that what I will say. If you would like more, then too bad.

First, I would like to say that yesterday provided for an interesting, as well as pathetic day of professional football. If you were watching the games yesterday, you would know what I am talking about.
The Kansas City Chiefs were absolutely, positively, fucking pathetic yesterday. Well, I shouldn't be too harsh as the defense for a little more than two quarters gave Payton Manning lots of trouble. If you can limit the Colts to 9 points in the first half, that is pretty good. To limit the Colts to 23 points in one game is not too shabby. To get asswhipped due to a lack of any offense it bad. On national television just makes it even worse. Considering the defense was on the field for about 40 minutes and was playing tired, the defense did a good job overall.
The offense, however, was, as I stated earlier, absolutely, positively, fucking pathetic. No first downs in the first half. A missed field goal (a chip shot that a college kicker, let alone a high school kicker could make). A grant total of NEGATIVE EIGHT YARDS of offense in the first half. Yes, NEGATIVE EIGHT. The defense gained more yards than the offense. What did the Chieft offense do in the first half? Squandered three interceptions and got zero points.
The Cowboys played a lot better than the Chiefs. Hell, every single freaking football team playing that day played better than the Chiefs. I'm thinking the college teams playing in the International Bowl played better than the Chiefs. The USC Trojans could easily manhandle the Chiefs.
Tony Romo. I'm thinking that everyone in the Dallas-Forth Worth area will be after him. Considering he messed up the handle on the potential game-winning field goal. The one that would have sent the Cowboys to the next round of the playoffs. That must suck. Well, at least the Cowboys put up a fight till the end. Unlike the Chiefs who did nothing.
Damon Huard for QB. Assuming he stays until next year.

I've finished two chapters in the Gray Hall sequel and I am almost done with another one. I should have Chapter One completed in the next few days. Chapter Two should soon follow. At this moment, I am reasonably happy with what I have written so far. I think once I get the first few chapters done, I might post them up.


That's all for now.

No comments: