Monday, January 22, 2007

Gray Hall Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for an update to this site and to tell you about the random events that occur in my so called life.

Well, law school started last Friday. My Friday wasn't so bad. It's my busiest day with three classes, but I'm out before 12:30. That isn't so bad. The professors seem pretty cool, so I'm not too worried about those classes. My Advanced Litigation class is basically mock trials, but the person teaching the class tries to make it like a real world experience. This is unlike law school as law school and all things about it, well, law school is like the surreal version of reality.
My only class for today was Advanced International Trade Law. This is a class about international trade law. It promises, despite the class name, to be an interesting course. Free for all discussion about trade law and all that this topic involves. Ooh fun. I now get to pull out wacky and random stuff to add to the discussion and not sound like a total wacko. The only downside is the course requirement of writing a 30 page research paper, but that shouldn't be too bad. Hey, I've written reasearch papers (many of them) during my time in college. Oh, me and reseach papers are well acquainted.

Ah, speaking about law school, the new chapter to Gray Hall II is up. This chapter is all about the connection between cults and law school. As an added bonus, you get a fake article based upon a real article I wrote during law school about this topic. But the cult fun does not end there. The next chapter, actually a random essay, is about brainwashing.

This is my final semester of law school. After this, it's time to hit the real world and make my name in the field of law or something like that. No more weekends that start on Thursday. No more schedules that allow for having afternoons off. Too bad. I was getting used to it. Then again, I won't miss the more inane stuff that academic life encompassed. Things like research papers, finals, and all that jazz.
But I must go now. As much as I hate to do it, I need to read a thrilling chapter about subsidies for International Trade Law and a rousing chapter on criminal procedure. Plus some other amazingly fun reading that I rather not read, but have to as class participation actually counts for my grade (for once). And to think this is all part of the exciting life of a law school student.
That reminds me, I really should fill out the dreaded Bar application, or at least look at it.

That's all for now.

No comments: