Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter Weather

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet that I know of devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for one of those friendly little update things that I try to do every so often. Because I am in a giving spirit right now.
If you are not in Kansas or for that matter, in the general Midwestern area, you are missing out on some of the most messed up weather right now. If there is a Mother Nature or higher being out there, then He/She/It has a twisted sense of humor. It kind of makes me want to be out in...I don't know...how about Cancun or some nice tropical place.
A week ago, let alone on Tuesday, it was in the mid-sixties, lower-seventies. And this is in the last week of November. I was out walking without a jacket on Tuesday. Heck, I was outside on Thanksgiving and it was perfectly glorious. Nice weather. But like with many good things, it just does not last.
Cue to yesterday. The high temperature was at midnight. The rain turned to freezing rain and then to sleet. That just sucked. Driving home was definitely not all that fun. Walking outside in the stuff sucked doubly so.
If that isn't oh-so-fun, today, it is going to be cold and it is going to snow. Snow. Snow. According to the latest weather forecast, updated every so often during the day, there is a very good possibility there will be snow. About four or five inches of powdery white stuff, and it's not illegal drugs. In Colombia, however, four or five inches of a different kind of snow is a good thing. If the storm goes north about 30 miles, a foot of snow is possible. Maybe more, maybe less. All I know is that it is going to suck driving home.
Alas, no sipping hot chocolate by a warm fire for me. No hot snow bunnies for me waiting at home. One (but preferably both) would be good right now. OK, make it a double. Hell, I would go for a trifecta, but I can't think of anything better right now. I have to get busy with the Internal Revenue Code since my final in Federal Income Taxation does not look to be fun. Nothing like 1400 pages of poorly written verbiage to make one feel warm and fuzzy all over. In Kansas City sports, that would be the equivalent of taking all the contracts for the Kansas City Royals and sticking them in a binder.
Oh well. It is getting close to winter. I should have expectected this to happen sooner or later.
Then again, it could be worse and be like this:
Or even this for that matter:

That's all for now.

No comments: