Thursday, April 13, 2006

Statcounter

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet that is devoted to all things related to Un. It's also updated every so often to keep it current.

It's been a very nice week of weather out in this part of the world, Lawrence, KS. Warm, sunny, a little windy, but wonderful weather to sit outside. Spending a lot of time inside the law school is not healthy or very fun. Yes, I could use the computers or read a newspaper or something like that, but sometimes, you just got to go outside for a few moments. At least my International Economic Law and Development professor recognized this scientifically recognized fact. We had class outside today. Very nice.

Anyways, if you haven't noticed already, I have a counter on the bottom of this webpage run by a marvelous webiste called StatCounter. It seems a little Orwellian, but it's pretty interesting to see who comes to this site and where they come from and how they got to this little piece of property on the Information Superhighway. I've looked at this information and well, some of it is pretty interesting...put in the most carefully crafted language possible.

Well, for instance, I've had visitors stumbling in from various countries like Malaysia, Bulgaria, the UK, Israel, Italy and Malta. Which isn't such a bad mix of people from around the world. Though I wonder why anyone from Bulgaria would want to come here. Not that I have top-secret information on this site...just the random ramblings of a KU Law student.
I can understand people coming to this site from other blogs like the Kansas Law Student or Tony's Kansas City. If you're coming from SBC Broadband or even the local university, that's understandable. But if you're from the Department of Health and Human Services and you're doing a search on how terrorists can exploit a hurricane, my blog necessarily isn't the best source of information. Try FAS or some other website. Please, it will be a much better way of keeping your job duty of keeping America safe.
I have to admit that some of the searches that led people here were a little strange. I guess the search engine algorithm works differently than I thought. Why the user chooses this site instead of something else, that's a different thing. The search terms they used, well, some of them defy description. A small listing of phrases that got people here:
"paperclip crossbow"
"its the media fault"
"terrorists exploit a hurricane"
"quinn snyder cocaine"
"act like a ninja day"
"hillmon humor"
"breaking into a million little pieces lyrics"
"towel folding funny story"
Apparently, someone from the University of Michigan is interested in finding out more about a certain person attending KU Law. This person's name shall go unidentified. His identity (not me) shall be kept secret and not posted on this blog. If you meet me, I might tell you some salient clues and have you guess from there. It shouldn't be too hard to guess who this person is, as they have a well-known trait/characteristic/habit.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...I just put a stat counter on my blog too and am positively obsessed with it. I have regular readers from India and Belize checking in with me daily--and let me tell you, I have quite a dull life, indeed.
So, your blog attracted me from Ottawa, Ontario...that's not very foreign and exotic, but I'm in the city where Stephen Harper is the PM and I do believe he's from an entirely different planet.
Take care!
Keep up the good blogging.