Thursday, April 20, 2006

Office Supply Store in a Backpack

Greetings and welcome back to the Un-Zone, the semi-regularly updated site still on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. Or at least stuff that this blogger personally finds interesting.

I've generally operated on the idea of "Be prepared," though I've never been a Boy Scout. With law school however, this idea has slowly degenerated into "Be prepared only if it's your day to answer questions in class." It's amazing how quickly this has happened, but I digress. I also have a tendency when it comes to maintaining a certain level of cleanliness, though it used to be almost OCD-ish when I was much younger, like before highschool, which seems like a while ago. I digress. It tends to happen a lot.
One day, during Land Transactions (where I seem to pull out brilliant answers out of nowhere), the Professor passed a handout which corrected one of the many errors rife in the supplement due to careless editing. What better way to keep organized by stapling this "correction sheet" to the page it belonged in the Supplement? So I pulled out a mini-stapler from my backpack and stapled it to the page. Nothing weird with that...right? I hand the stapler to the person sitting next to me and he looks at me funny. So I carry a stapler with me.
I've always carried a stapler with me during college as I wrote a bunch of papers for my classes and there was never a stapler around in the classroom when it was time to turn stuff in. I was an English and History major. So I began to carry a mini-stapler with me (along with a box of staples) so I would have one...just in case. You never know when a stapler will be handy, which it did. I got bonus points for being the staple-packing savior on a day when NOBODY stapled their ten-page reearch papers (except for me). I've gotten other things (much better than bonus points) because I've carried that stapler with me. That's another post. No pickup lines were involved.
Along the same lines, I carry several pencils with me (both mechanical and regular) because if I run out of mechanical pencil lead, I have something else to write with. I also carry a pencil-sharpener also (for obvious reasons). I also carry several pens because if the pencils don't work, I have something to write with. Whiteout? Check. Notebook paper? Check. Legal pad paper? Check. Graph paper? Check. Calculator? Highlighers? Protractor? Ruler? Eraser? USB Flash Memory? Floppy disk? Black's Law Dictionary, pocket sized? Newspapers? I've got it somewhere in my backpack. I possess a miniature office supply store in there.
I might not be prepared, but I might just be a packrat who has this stuff in my backpack as I am too lazy to take it out. There's a very good possibility that is true. But it does come in handy. If I need a stapler or a calculator or an extra pencil, I can be confident in knowing that I already have one in possession. You never know when you'll need something.
So if you ever are in Green Hall and you need a stapler and one isn't handy, you now know where to go.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if everything is organized then the work goes better, I think you should buy office tool kits on office depot at couponalbum.com..I also use these kits..