Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekend Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the site for all things related to Un. This blog has not been updated since Friday. I was going to update it on Saturday, but I was sick and I felt like a ton of bricks was dropped on my head.

Damn. I hate being sick. I haven't had a cold this bad (I think it is a cold) since...well...three years ago. That's how long my immune system has resisted the nearly 200 different types of rhinoviruses that can cause the common cold. Despite being sick, I still retain the "demon editor from hell" that prevents me from making too many grammatical and spelling mistakes. Not that it really matters to you...
I went shopping on Saturday. I made the mistake of driving through campus an hour before the game started. Not a very good idea. I have to admit, there are many enterprising people living in the area. Lots of advertising for cheap parking spaces. In fact, five whole dollars less than what the parking department (and the competitors) charge.
It's pretty cool that they broadcasted the game at an unnamed grocery store that I shopped at for food. It's pretty amusing to hear the announcer scream "Julian Wright leaps up and denies a..." and then immediately hear "Price check on a gallon of Roberts 2% milk." It's even better when you hear the fans at Allen Fieldhouse scream when they revert back to the game. Priceless.

God...I feel lousy. I did the laundry today. In order to get to the washing machine, I have to walk down some stairs. Barely made it without getting dizzy and falling into a nearby wall. In addition to the usual symptoms of a cold, I have a fever that comes and goes plus a pounding headache.

Damn. Looks like I won't be mobbed by women tomorrow...as if that ever happened once in my life. Stay away.

That's all for now.

No comments: