Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentines Day Stuff

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site (that I know of at this moment) on the Internet devoted to all thing Un. At least all the stuff that the blogger finds interesting and wishes to share with you.

Love is infectious, but not as much as a cold. I'm feeling particularly lazy today, as it is Valentines Day and as mentioned earlier, I have a cold. I'm single, so this way too overcommercialized holiday has no real appeal to me at this moment. In all honesty, my opinion of this day will not change later in life, even if I have a significant other in my life. Then again, if that ever occurs, I probably would buy flowers or a nice gift or something...I think. Which is probably one of the more honest statements you'll read on this blog. Not that this blog is based upon lies. I'm a pretty honest person.
There are many romantic songs a person can play on Valentines Day. A person can't do wrong with a little Luther Vandross, Barry White, or some other soulful singers. But, after a while, even these classics can get a little stale. So the following is a list of songs (you probably have never heard and in no particular order):

1. "This Strange Effect" Hooverphonics, Blue Wonder Powder Milk
2. "All To Myself" Philosopher Kings, The Philosopher Kings
3. "Charms" Philosopher Kings, The Philosopher Kings
4. "Skin Against Skin" DJ Krush(featuring Deborah Anderson), Milight
5. "I Love You" Sara McLachlan, Surfacing
6. "Gorecki" Lamb, Lamb
7. "Lullaby" Lamb, Fear of Fours
8. "Still Waiting" Big Sugar, 500 Pounds
9. "Temple" Beverly Klass, III


And for those who are bitter about this day, some anti-Valentines Day stuff. If you have a sense of humor or a sense of bitterness, this might somewhat cheer you up, if it is at all possible.
1. Anti-Valentines Day Cards from Worth1000, one of the best sites devoted to the joys of Photoshop
2. A Party Menu for Lonely, Bitter People who dislike Valentines Day
3. A song for those who hate Valentines Day
4. A song for those who hate love in general


That's all for now.

No comments: