Thursday, October 27, 2005

An Update

Greetings and welcome back to the Un-Zone, the oficial site for all things Un, because there are a whole bunch of imitations on the Internet. Accept nothing but the real thing.

I've been spending a lot of free time outside. It's been really nice lately. I don't feel like spending time inside the law school. It's been sunny. I really don't care that it's in the fifties. It reminds me of something funny I heard. There's this guy and he talks about being outside: "There's nothing like being outside. I remember running free, the warm sunshine beaming on my face...the breeze blowing through my hair...the police officer tackling me 'cause I stole a lady's purse..." Well, some days, being in law school for several hours straight feels like being trapped inside a concrete box. Come to think of it, the law school IS a giant concrete box, but with more windows.
On days like these, I begin to wonder why in the world I am in law school. The endless series of lectures, the notes, the dull reading assignments from heavy casebooks that I won't get a refund for. To think I'm going to replace this "freedom from the real world" with the same things, but I will be paid slightly better. The same stuff, but in a new context. I'll be practicing actual law, but I see not much of an improvement....

I participated in a contest in law school. It was a "Write a slogan for another official and over-priced law school merchandise." The merchandise was law school coozies, those foam things you put around drinks to keep them cold. I submitted in several slogans and apparently, I won the contest. This is based upon information that someone involved with the SBA told me, so it hasn't been officially verified. It'll be official when they produce the prize I've supposedly won: free coozies. The winning slogan: "The original concealed carry." Another slogan that would have worked: "We came up with the don't ask, don't tell policy." My English degree finally paid off for once. And all those people say that English degrees are worthless! Yeah...

Only five more days until the official start of NaNoWriMo. Things are doing well. I've got most of the outline for my story finished. Hopefully, it will be enough to get 50,000 words out of it. I'll be squeezing every single word I can get out of it. The link to the site should be up on Halloween or November 1st. Check this site for official notices on recent postings for the story. That last sentence made little grammatical sense. Oh well.

Happy Halloween. Get a big sugar high. That's all for now.



No comments: