Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It Wasn't So Bad

Greeting and welcome to the Un-Zone, the home of all things Un. Today's post is brought to you by UCC 9-502 and the UCC 2-403 exceptions relating to void title and ordinary course of business relating to ownership.

So, I just finished the Commercial Law midterm. It was an hour long. Four multiple choice questions and five short answer question. Not too bad.
For some reason, I found the test to be painless. I actually understood what was going on. I'm beginning to worry, as if it seemed that easy, I probably messed up somewhere and made some amazingly stupid mistake. This is probably just me being too pessimistic. I actually studied for this exam and did what I could to get prepared, so I shouldn't worry about this too much. The people I've talked to have come up with similar opinions.

Then again, I'm probably going to go over this exam in my head while I sleep and do the post-exam thinking and head-hitting. You know, the "Oh my God, the answer should have been 'A' because the question had me assume there was no certificate of title" or "I put down the wrong statute for that question and there was that exception I forgot about." That phenomenom that plagues students long after the exam is done, when it really doesn't count. Yeah. I'm a natural when it comes to this. Oh, it's so easy...

Anyways, it's time for me to get home and get ready for tomorrow. Evidence, Business Associations, Constitutional Law(a truly boring class when it should be a more exciting class), and Estates and Trusts with Professor "Fee Simple Absolute" DeLaTorre. Ah...and then...Fall Break, one of the more useless school holidays that KU has invented. I'm not a big fan of it, but hey, I'm paying for this educational opportunity. Oh well, at least I'll have more time to watch TV and not think about law school.

About NaNoWriMo, I have enough material for about half of the 50,000 word goal, or 25,000 words. I'm probably cheating with word length, but I'm inserting in quotes at the beginning of each chapter that I'm planning to write. Just to add a little flavor to the writing. At least they'll be related to the event in each chapter. I'm still lurking the halls for bits of conversation and story ideas. Coming up with ideas for a freaking novella is hard.

For those who care, a quick teaser on what one chapter is about: A Night at the Bars. OK, this might require some research as I don't frequent bars much. Or I could take the easy way out. Hmmm...If you read this blog and have some experience with alcohol, post some of your better stories in the comments.

That's all for now.

That's all for now.

No comments: