Thursday, October 20, 2005

Acting, Harriert Miers, and other Stuff

Greetings and welcome to The Un-Zone, a website on all things related to Un, and a bunch of other random stuff that happens to float into my head at any given time.

I did some roleplaying today in Evidence. That was fun. I played a highway patrol officer who discovers two dead people on a highway(Prater and Prater's wife). I've got to admit, the people who played the "dead people," were very good, especially the girl who played Prater's wife. The screams were very realistic sounding. One would think she was an actress or had acting experience.
Me, I just had fun. No acting experience of any sort. I just wing it. I cracked a few jokes about drugs, midgets in the trunk, Quinn Snyder(Mizzou basketball "coach" and slicked-back "I'm cool" hair), and police officers acting badly while being videotaped for COPS. The usual stuff. People found my fake vomiting skills to be impressive. Weird...I pretend to vomit very well.

In other news, The Smoking Gun website managed to get a copy of the Senate Judiciary Committee questionaire Harriet Miers filled out. The website notes her license to practice law in the District of Columbia had been suspended earlier this year after she failed to pay dues. She, however, corrected the situation by immediately sending in the required fee. The rest is pretty interesting, if you're into this stuff. One would assume I would be interested, being in law school and what not, but, to be honest, I'm not. Maybe when she gets a grilling during her confirmation hearing, I'll pay more attention. Questionaires aren't the best thing to judge a person on.

What else is there? The authorities have an arrest warrant for Tom Delay. MSNBC has an article about the Apocalypse and the connection to the natural disasters. You should read it to see some of the "finer" quotes from Michael Marcavage and Alabama state Sen. Henry E. "Hank" Erwin Jr. Something about Hurricane Katrina being a warning from God to change our "sinful" ways. Anyways...

Time to have lunch. That's all for now.

Harriet Miers
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1018051miers1.html#payup
Tom Delay
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/10/19/national/w112706D64.DTL
Apocalypse Now?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9731623/

No comments: