Sunday, September 04, 2005

Random Poetry

Greetings and welcome to the Un-Zone, the official site to all things Un, jsut without the indoctrination ceremonies and fees of most cults. It's the second day of a three-day weekend. I'm going to be sorely disappointed when this is over.

There seems to be a sad lack of comments on this blog for some reason. I know people read this blog as they tell me they do, but for some reason, they don't put in comments. I know that you're not required to post comments, but I would like to see them once in a while. You know who you are...

Every so often, I write poetry. Most of my earlier stuff generally involved the strange nature of my mind. Stuff like the joys of anarchy, anti-social behavior, and other stuff of that nature. Recently, for some reason, most of the poetry, if you can call it that, seems to be focusing on the lack of any sort of love life. Given that I have very little success in the relationship department, I find it quite amusing if not ironic.
And so, the latest offering from the poetry department. It has a nice rhythm to it, I guess. It could make for a nifty song. OK, so I'm not going to win a Grammy for my efforts. A lot of improvement. I guess writing about love is much better than the Apocalypse. Without further ado, "Only In My Mind." Enjoy.


Only In My Mind

As I was walking by
You caught my eye
Sitting in a chair
Fingers running through your hair
You were dressed to kill
And I felt a thrill
Just watching you
Doing what you do

You’re the only girl I see
I think about you being close to me
And it drives me crazy
This is only a fantasy
It’s only in my mind
It’s only in my mind

I can’t breathe; I can’t talk
I can’t speak; I can’t walk
You’ve cast on me some magic spell
What it is—I can’t tell
I’ve got a one-track mind
Other thoughts—I can’t find
I don’t know what to do
All my thoughts come back to you

You’re the only girl I see
I think about you being close to me
And it drives me crazy
This is only a fantasy
It’s only in my mind
It’s only in my mind

No matter what I do
I can only think of you

You’re the only girl I see
I think about you being close to me
And it drives me crazy
This is only a fantasy
It’s only in my mind
It’s only in my mind
You’re only in my mind
And not in my arms


I hope you have enjoyed this. Please leave some comments, good or bad. That's all for now.

No comments: