Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Week In the Life...

Greetings and welcome to the Un-Zone, part of the Greater Twilight Zone Metropolitan Area. It's in the scary part of the city that everyone tells you to avoid at all costs, for fear of being a story in the evening news. I ain't talking about winning the National Spelling Bee. If you've accidentally strayed onto this site and wish to leave, hit the Back button or close the window as quickly as you can. Consider that your final warning.

My last post on this blog was about cannibalism. Given the "large" number of comments, it seems as if people are not reading this blog. Or they are, but they don't post comments. Anyways.
One may wonder what the hell I'm going to write about today. Or what drugs I'm on at this moment. Or if I've heard of a delightful little thing called a psychiatric evaluation. Or you really don't give a damn. It's safe to assume that any freaking topic is fair game. I mean anything.
Today's post is about how much fun you can have with a bottle of wine(or the beverage of your choice), whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. Mmm...let's continue with this. What else is there? Add a couple songs to get the groove on("Sexual Healing" or "Let's Get it On" are excellent choices), candles, a couple roses(or more if you like), and the guy or girl of your dreams. Oh yeah. When I get that feeling, I need...sorry about that. I'm getting a little carried away by this.
If everything goes according to plan, you both should be having lots of fun by this time. What you do with the whipped cream and chocolate syrup is for you and the significant other to decide. Just kidding. Today's blog IS NOT about THAT topic, but it sounds interesting at this moment. Hell, it would sound interesting at ANY moment in my life right now. If you're a single female and are into or turned on by this stuff, send me an e-mail. I'll be glad if you write a comment. I'm so lonely. Oh, I'm so sad and lonely. My love life is nonexistant, but rumored to exist like the ivory-billed woodpecker. Then again, some doubt it exists now, despite the evidence. I mean the ivory-billed woodpecker, not my freakingly non-existant love life. Though some might say that I was referring to both or just my love life only. It's pitiful. But enough about this topic. It's time to talk about the real subject of this blog...law school.

Yeah...law school. This is a real big letdown after going on about wine, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. I must talk about law school. I must talk about law school. Yes...about law school.
On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I take four classes. Mondays and Tuesdays begin with Commercial Law: Secured Transactions, which isn't such a bad course. The professor is a nice guy who puts effort into teaching the material, though he has the tendency to jump around from topic to topic. I guess it's part of the course, as the statutes aren't the best or clearly written things ever. The drafters probably didn't take Lawyering or some equivalent writing course.
Wednesday begins with Evidence, which is the most entertaining course I am taking this semester and I'm not being sarcastic for once. Professor Prater teaches the material AND is entertaining in a crazy sort of way. As in doing various voices. Weird, he almost sounds like me. Then comes Business Associations I, Constitutional Law, and Estates and Trusts. Business Associations I is a good course. The professor is freaking organized and specific in his syllabus(assigning specific paragraphs), but tends to be random in his lectures. It's not that bad, but it can cause headaches. Con Law...the less I mention about this course, the better. It's an OK course. The material is interesting, but it doesn't come out that way in class. It must be the book. If a class isn't going how you thought it would go, blame the book.
Finally, Estates and Trusts. When you can honestly say Estates and Trusts is the best part of the day, that is a scary thing. Yes, it's the final class of the day. Yes, after the class is done, I get to go home. However, these are not the best reasons to like a certain class. The professor actually teaches the material without inserting his own "humble" opinion or the fact he has written a thought-provoking article/book on it. He has a sense of humor. He does have his "old person" moments, repeats stuff a lot, and he loves his hypotheticals, but by God, he's a damn good professor. If only more professors were like him...It would make the law school experience much more enjoyable.
Thursday and Friday. Thank God for those days. Two classes on Thursday: Evidence and Con Law. Friday: Evidence. I like those days. At least I don't have to lug around five or six books these days. Some days I think it's God's way of telling me that I am taking too many courses. But the logical voice tells me that if I don't take so many hours every semester, I don't graduate in three years without taking summer school courses. After taking a statistics and probability course during the summer, I don't want to take any more summer school courses of any type. Unless they involve sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the ships roll in, and wasting time.
I think I'm going to arrange my schedule so I'll never have to attend a single class on Friday. That would be really cool. Some people I know don't have classes on Friday. Those people are lucky. I would normally include other nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives, but I like them(the people) too much to include these choice words. The words and phrases I would use include cool, fun, drop it like it's hot, etc. I can't believe I just used "drop it like it's hot." Next thing you know, I'll be using stuff like "tricked out car with gold plated spinners" and "pimped up crib" regularly in my blog posts. Now that would be really crazy...

Well, that's a relatively quick summary of some 2L law school courses plus some other stuff like teacher reviews. However, if you don't give a damn about the law school stuff but are more interested in the other stuff, you know what to do. If it isn't your cup of tea, I'm willing to accomodate to your own personal vices. To paraphrase Woody Allen, if it isn't dirty, you aren't doing it right.

That's all for now.

No comments: