Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Belated Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. Well, the only site that I know of and I'm too lazy to see if there are any other sites out there. If there are, please let me know of any such sites.

Well, it's been a long time since I last updated. No explanations are needed as I just haven't had the time to decently type one up. That's all. And besides, not that much has happened to merit an update. What has been happening in my so-called life?

I got called up for my civic duty--jury duty. I call and they say we don't need you and please call this number again. So I call again on the appointed date. Sorry, we don't need you and please call again. There's a pattern forming... So I call again and this is during my last week of potential jury duty. Sorry, we don't need you, but we need a different group. If you haven't been called up for jury duty, please do not bother calling again for a long while.
Not even one little thank you. Wow, no wonder why people hate jury duty so much. They don't even give a simple pre-recorded thanks for even filling out the form and voluntarily participating.
I know what this means. I get called up again for jury duty multiple times, each of them more inconvenient than the last time. And I get to serve on multiple trials, each one more mind-numbing than the last. Never-ending jury duty purgatory. OK, so I exaggerate, but this has happened to people I know.

I've come up with a story idea that uses up all of the assorted arcana stored in my head. All that information that normal people (I use the phrase loosely, as there is no such thing as "normal" per se) don't normally know. Except those in the military and spy organizations and well-informed pygmy midgets. I'm none of the three groups mentioned, so I am special. That was meant to be sarcasm. A joke, you know. Anyways...
It revolves around a covert counter-terrorist organization that gets sent to a foreign country (most likely an Eastern Bloc country) to stop a violent terrorist organization. Involved with this group is a rogue Special Forces soldier/arms dealer/ex-CIA intelligence officer. The prototypical deep-cover CIA agent that goes bad due to greed. After all, who better than a CIA agent trained to kill to become a terrorist?
Yeah, there are a few issues with plot, but that hasn't stopped me yet. After all, truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense. Even if that means changing the rules of logic.

And finally, an interesting website that makes it possible for me to stretch the bounds of what can be done with common items around the office or someone's house for that matter.

That's all for now.

No comments: