Monday, August 14, 2006

Where Did The Summer Go?

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only known site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for another update to this site, which has been sorely non-updated this summer.

It's that time of the year again that most students generally dread. Some people I know actually like this time of the year. Yes, it's the end of summer vacation and it's time to go back to school.
Personally, I don't mind the beginning of the school year. I have time to meet with friends and people I know. I get back into the swing of things by writing articles for the Brief-Brief. I have lots of fun during the school year and I learn lawyer-type stuff for a wonderful future. Woohoo!
But seriously. I like the summer. I don't have to worry about grades or wonder if I have to listen to a not-so-focused lecture. I have freedom.
And to express my wanting of summer to last a little bit longer, a little snippet from a song from Grease Two, the insipid sequel to Grease.

"BACK TO SCHOOL AGAIN" by The Four Tops
Woe is me, all summer long I was happy and free.
Save my soul, the board of education took away my parole.
I gotta go back, back, back to school again.
You won't find me 'til the clock strikes three;
I'm gonna be there 'til then...
I gotta go back, back, back to school again.
Whoa, whoa, I gotta go... back to school again!


That's all for now.

No comments: