Tuesday, August 29, 2006

An Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for one of those update thingies that I've neglected to do for a while. As if my life was that exciting.


There's nothing like Trial Advocacy. Especially when the class suffers from drops and adds. Especially when everything changes and the time you've spent figuring out how to examine a witness is for nothing. I spent some time planning how to depose an assault victim and the problem has changed to something I haven't bothered to closely examine. Now I have to look at the new problem. And I have to find someone in my small section to be the witness. Ah, one of the problems of being semi-reclusive.
At least I now can use a guy in the small section as it would have been a little weird to ask a guy, "Ms Todd, could you please introduce yourself to the Court?" Or hearing him respond, "My husband visited me at the hospital. I then realized that the man who beat me up was much taller than I had reported to the police."

I'm up in Federal Income Taxation and I need to read the cases. I don't think the professor will question me on the cases, but it might be a good thing to read them over at least once. Things rarely go as one expects them to go. That made little sense, but it's better to be prepared. I've done the problems he assigned so I'm at least ready for that.

In an unrelated note, one would expect the Government, especially in a 9/11 World, would be more vigilant in security. They would, actually, should know who is a guest and who is not a guest at an event. This story just shows you that they really aren't that aware. Then again, what would you expect from them when their security measures cross the border from practical and sensible to "pointless, annoying, intrusive, illusory and just plain stupid" as one website has claimed. Read this site and see how bad it can get or how bad it has already gotten.

That's all for now.

No comments: