Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weekend Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only semi-regularly updated site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. At least it's the only site of its kind that I know of that does any updates about this topic. Yeah, so this is it. The only one, unless there is another site around the Web that I don't know of. This post, I will have to warn you, will be totally random and may sound like something a drunken recollection or a society column written by a vapid party-person. Which I am not.
Anyways...I went to a party on Friday and saw a bunch of people from the law school over there. Nice to see them for, what is possibly, the only time before the new fall semester begins. Unless I randomly happen to see them somewhere around in Lawrence like at a store. Highly unlikely. I am a man of shadows and I silently lurk and creep. Sorry. Had to get that out of the system.
I did have an amusing time watching people drink copious amounts of beer and other assorted beverages that most likely contained alcohol, like the suspect red liquid that most likely was cherry Kool-Aid or fruit punch spiked with liqour. Ah...and done with true diva style and flair. Few people could pull it off with such (excuse me while I use a style of English I rarely use) fantabulous diva-esque skills. To be so lucky to be in this person's presence. Wow...that was scary. Anyways...back to the red liquid. I'm guessing it was Kool-Aid. To use some law jargon that really has no concrete, black and white meaning but several shades of gray, this belief was not mere suspicion, but the level for probable cause. Given last year's wonderful brown bag liqour and her reputation for doing things with style, it's very likely. You've gotta love it. An all-around all-star.
The beer pong tournament was, to say the least, interesting. Very entertaining. Especially when people start trash-talking and when certain all-women teams start beating the guys. There was one team of girls who, despite claiming a lack of beer-pong knowledge or skills, took a game to triple overtime. Whenever you hear stuff like that, be careful, as one of them or both, will turn out to be a natural at the game. Or they will make clutch shots when it counts. Squirting Coca Cola out of one's nose adds to the fun factor. That and when the all-girl team starts doing "distractions" like the ever-popular and crowd-pleasing hip gyrations and other bar-dancing moves, it's even a more interesting time. Fun. Oh so fun. I wish I had taken pictures. Lots of them. As the trite phrase goes, you should have been there in person.
I did take some pictures as the unofficial "random picture" person. I didn't take too many as the battery went out and I had to replace that. I also, despite my several years of computer science, am not very good with technology. It took a while to learn how to operate the thing. Well, I did manage to take pictures of people, but by that time, quite a few people left. But I did manage to get some pretty interesting ones. Like the picture of the beer keg, the aftermath of the beer pong tournament, complete with empty cups, some action pictures of the games in progress, and some very random shots. Not a bad job, but probably could have been done much better. Richard Avedon, I am not. All in all, it was a pretty cool time. Enjoyed it.

In other news...I am planning on writing another novel for NaNoWriMo 2006, as it went so well last time. No law school related novel this time. Something different, like one of those fiction paperbacks you find at airplane bookshops. Lots of action and guns blazing. At least I will make good use of all the odd and random information floating around in my head.

That's all for now.

No comments: