Thursday, May 04, 2006

Some Random Thoughts...

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet(the only one that I know of) devoted to all things related to Un. And it's updated also, making it up-to-date as well.

It's the last day of school over at KU Law, and that means one thing...the beginning of the dreaded period called Finals. I have a BA II final this Saturday afternoon and it promises to be...well...not that fun. I find it nearly impossible to study for it as the material, although involving some cases with interesting facts like the many ways of insider trading (corporate looting tactics), there is the less interesting part of the class, namely the statutes like Delaware General Corporate Law. Oh, there are a whole bunch of statutes. The Principles of Corporate Governance, the RMBCA, and a whole slew of acronyms. Most of it is tedious and dull, some of it is incomprehensible unless you parse each sentence word by word. I actually forced myself to read some of this yesterday and mostly succeeded for about an hour. Then I gave up.

I spent one morning (Tuesday, I think or was it Monday?) wondering how long it would take to break windows. I knew I was going too far when I thought about the problem from the perspective of a special-effects coordinator on a Hollywood action movie. You know, how to wire the explosive squibs as to get the most pleasing aesthetic effect if various events were to occur like a general explosion or an AH-64 attack helicopter started firing its minigun.
That led to the first failed attempt at studying BA II and the resulting random thought of "How to Hang a Big Banner From the Roof of the Law School." Of course, this wasn't the most original idea, as I recently saw a website made by students who actually did this. Their exploits are pretty humorous and the descriptions of their "missions" are surprisingly well-written for a person who graduated with a BS in Computer Science and Physics. If you've ever read anything written by a computer science major, it can be pretty difficult and poorly written, even after they take Technical Writing courses. Using their exploit as a sketchy plan, I think it might be feasible to do the same thing at Green Hall. The exact location for the banner placement...that depends. I've thought about it for a while and thought about the pros and cons of each sight.
But that would be pretty foolish to do. I mean, hanging a banner from the law school. Though it would be pretty cool. I've probably said too much already. Would this count as a conspiracy? Assuming others want to actually commit this nefarious deed.

Time to get ready for the final class of BA II, which promises to be so exciting. I just can't contain the excitement I feel. Just being sarcastic.

That's all for now.

No comments: