Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Friday, Time to Update

"I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love
Saturday wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday never hesitate..."
-The Cure, "Friday I'm In Love"


Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site that I know of on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. Using the government's idea of what considers accurate accounting, over a million people have visited this site. Yes, that many people have visited this site. Oh...that counter thingy down there doesn't read a million...I see. Please disregard the counter on the bottom. It's all wrong. Totally wrong.

To sum up this week's events...nothing much happened. I finished another semester of law school by taking four finals in 48 hours. That's pretty much it with law school until August. One of my friends from my days in Manhattan got engaged, so I'm happy for her. I'm going to a party tonight and following that with a nice weekend before the next week starts.
What? I'm actually going to a party? That's pretty strange coming from me, as I generally avoid social events. I go to WIL Pub Night and I went to a law school function once, but that's it. This is quite possibly, one of the few non-law school related events I go to. Which tells you something. I have no social life. That's it. One cannot conclude anything else from that statement. Or I have other reasons to go there.
Like listening to super-loud music. Or seeing law school students play beer pong with drunken abandon. This is where one sees how, despite drinking lots of adult beverages made from the fermentation of hops, malt, and other grains, law school students have some vestiges of hand-eye coordination. It's quite a show.
OK, I go there for the people watching. I find it fascinationg. One could say that I'm a natually-born watcher. It's pretty amusing to just see people and how they interact with each other and with the environment. Especially when they've had one drink too many and are losing their sense of social inhibition and/or their motor skill coordination.
So I'm amused by watching drunk people, tempered with a tinge of guilt and mortification. It's kind of like watching an accident waiting to happen in slow motion. It probably sounds pretty tacky or blase, but face it, it is pretty fun to watch drunk people. Especially when you're sober and can remember it all. As a Greek proverb states, "I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night." Well, I'm the guy who stays sober and remembers things very well. Be careful...
This should be very fun for all involved. Now I must prepare for this drunken reverie that is for a good cause, just like any other event involving large amounts of alcohol.

That's all for now.

No comments: