Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Wednesday Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet that I know of devoted to all things related to Un. You know the drill by now. It's stuff that I find interesting. Nope, I don't have any stories involving amazingly dumb drunken behavior that I have seen because I don't have much of a life. Sad but true. Though, the Kansas Law Student has an interesting story on his blog. The title of the post is reason enough to read it.

I'm what you might call a geek/dork/nerd. They're all different, despite what others might say. I've written about the differences in my other blog. Actually, it's more of a site where I store a novella. It's on two different posts, so you have to read the first one and then the second one to get the entire deal.
I can easily understand many things that are technical like quantum physics or some other dense topic that will bore a person to death. An admission: I used to read articles in math and science journals for fun. I like to see if I can understand the subject matter discussed. Go figure. Given this background, it comes as no surprise that I would be interested with a website involving quantum physics. I listened to the lectures and they were very good. Easy to understand. Then again, they were coming from a Nobel Prize winning physicist, so that was an achievement by itself. I particularly enjoyed the nod towards geek/nerd humor. Physics lovers rejoice. Yes, there is Feynman. Geez, I have no life.

If you're looking for a job (this term defined loosely), then take hope. The top jobs with the largest job growth have been posted. We need people to serve us food, give us an education beyond high school, and take care of us when were sick. In an unrelated note, this sounds perfect for America. Smart people eating a lot of food and needing medical care due to their poor nutritional/eating/exercising habits. It's a shame that "personal trainer" didn't make it on the Top Ten list.

And proof that there's no news in the news. Some low-bulk filler. Scientists have examined the Mona Lisa and discovered it is an excellent painting. They also pulled out some theories from the air and said that the subject was painted after having her second child. And this is based on...
On an unrelated note, Americans cannot read nutrition labels posted on packages and are lousy at basic math like multiplication. In other words, the American consumer are illiterate, suck at math, and are eating way too much. So what else is new?

That's all for now.

No comments: