Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Random Wednesday Thoughts

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet(and I've searched for them) devoted to all things related to Un. Then again, this really isn't something special, so I can't brag too much about it. There probably is some similarly positioned site on the Internet. I digress.

It was one of those perfect weather days today in this part of the world: Lawrence, Kansas. The sun was shining brightly. The sky was blue with some puffy, white clouds. A slight breeze, but not too windy. To gild the weather-related lily, it wasn't hot, but very comfortable. If it weren't for law school classes, I probably would have spent all day outside, just soaking up the sun and slowly getting a nasty form of skin cancer. I'm going to spend a lot of time outside when the weather is this nice. It's much better than staying inside, considering the condition of certain building on campus. *COUGH*Wescoe Hall*COUGH* for example. Not that I'm naming names or anything. The Law School isn't so bad, but it's a good thing to get outside. Maybe it might be possible to get my Public International Law professor to have class outside tomorrow. Not that it's going to happen, but it's worth asking him. Just once.
Things are going as usual at the Law School. The new 1L class thinks Lawyering is a useless class that gives no guidance and probably won't be useful any time in the real world. And they are thinking about word counts and all the other "fun" stuff that encompasses a class involving "legal" writing in the "real world". Note that items in quotes are meant to be interpreted as sarcastic. When they say "good luck" after giving an assignment, they mean "Good luck in guessing what we want from you in this assignment" and not "Good luck" as traditionally meant in such situations where it applies.
And Facebook is becoming more and more creepier. They have a new feature called "News Feed" and it tells you what updates you've made and summarizes what has happened to your profile. Stuff like Relationship Status, Wall postings, and all the things you can change on your Facebook Profile. When I think about it, it's kinda, well, it is voyeuristic. Almost like a electronic stalker that follows you and knows what you are doing. If it were a person, it would receive a restraining order from the courts.
I've got a new blog listed on the "Blogs I Read" section of the sidebar. I'm probably biased, but I think it is a well-written blog about an American in Estonia. It's more like an American in Europe, but the writer lives in Estonia and travels around Europe when she has time to do so. It's not the official name of the blog, but it works in a practical way. The posts are informative and entertaining. Why I might be biased is because I have known the writer of the blog since middle school when I used to live in Manhattan, Kansas. You just have to read it. I'm sure you will enjoy reading this blog.


That's all for now.

No comments: