Thursday, September 28, 2006

Search Results

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet that I know of devoted to all things related to Un. Yaddi ya. You all know the rest of the usual intro to my posts.

Apparently, one of my blog posts was referred to by two different websites. I found out by using Statcounter and Google. Not that I particularly care about these things, but I get a personal thrill. At least someone is reading my posts and actually found one of them interesting.
For those who do not know, Statcounter is a webiste that keeps track of the number of people visiting your website and where they are coming from. Plus a lot of other statistics. It's a free service, unless you go for the "deluxe" version. I'm to cheap to do this, so I get the basic one. It's king of Big Brother/1984-ish, but it's a neat thing to have on your website.
One of the visitors found my blog from a Nintendo gaming forum. They are fans of the original NES. Good old 8-bit fun instead of the fancy 64-bit gaming systems with special imaging processors and more processing power than some supercomputers. That's the capability of the soon to be released Playstation 3. I like the old school games. I digress.
So, after using Google, I've come to the conclusion that my post about what's in your food was the post they were reading and decided to link to. Only because they linked to the general July 2005 archive and not to any specific post. I'm sure they weren't referring to poetry or any other stuff I wrote about that month. I'm going by general assumptions.
This was reinforced by another search result which has the same July 2005 link and a blurb about stuff in food. Though I have to wonder why someone had to ask a question about eating moths. Weird.
I'm now a source for information about food safety regulations. Ah, the importance of knowing trivia.


That's all for now.

No comments: