Monday, October 09, 2006

Blow, Finger, and Squeeze

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for an update to this site so I can tell you all about things that I find important right now. About the events that happen in my so called life. As if I had one to talk about. Anyways...

I like books. I've got piles of them. A large portion of them are law school textbooks, which I don't intend to read very closely any time soon. At least until I have insomnia and I want to knock myself out in less than five minutes...make that five seconds.
So when I hear there is a free book giveaway, I will go to the free book giveaway early and not the KU football game. Yes, it was Homecoming and it promised to be an entertaining game. But come on, I've seen enough KU football to know that the Jayhawks, to mangle a quote by Lincoln, can pull a defeat out the jaws of victory. Which they managed to do. Like their game against Toledo. Or...well...I could go on for a while.
Whiel going to the giveaway, I was listening to a Scottish music CD involving bagpipes. Yes, bagpipes. They're a much maligned instrument. People think they sound like dying sheep.
Ah, even the people responsible for the CD made fun of Scottish music. The first song had a funny intro:
"Five hundred years before Christ, a blue-faced Pict was walking along the Highlands when he stepped on a bloated sheep carcass. And thus, the bagpipes were first born."
And there was more Scottish humor involving bagpipes and bagpipe music. But the best one was the "A lassie has to admire a man who can blow, finger, and squeeze, all at the same time."
Which brings me to the following, a bagpipe song properly entitled "Blow, Finger, and Squeeze."

Blow, finger, and squeeze! Blow, finger, and squeeze!
Just remember these three steps
And you'll be playin' the pipes with ease.
All the pretty lassies listenin' to Highland music
Will be beggin' on their knees...
To have a chance to play with your pipes
Cause they'll want to learn how to blow, finger, and squeeze!


That's all for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just sounds dirty, man.

J.U. said...

That's the entire point...

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me the name of the band? Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

The Scottish Rogues from their debut self-titled album