Thursday, June 01, 2006

Standup Comedy

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for one of those updates that make it seem like this site is still active and not becoming stale like a week-old loaf of bread left out on the counter.

I seriously thinking about doing stand-up comedy. Yes, you heard me right, a stand-up comic. In addition to being a lawyer. Go figure.
And why, you may ask? For several simple reasons. One, I am funny. Well, many people have told me that they find me funny (humorous, not crazy, though I've been called that also). This is after listening to me perform at two Pub Nights and an amateur comedy competition. Two, I find being funny and performing in front of people to be something I enjoy doing. One could say that I find the experience of performing funny material in front of people less of a stressful event than arguing a summary judgment in front of a law school professor. This does not bode too well for a future legal career in front of juries. And three, well, did I mention I get this high when I perform. While I'm being funny, I can't stop it. Everything just goes away and I can do what I want. It's this weird feeling.

One of these days, I'm going to an open-mic night at Stanford's Comedy Club. Just perform a three minute routine and if it goes well, it goes well. If not, hey, that's how it goes. It should be an interesting experience.

That's all for now.

No comments: