Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Exercise

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet that I know of devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for an update on how things are going in my life.

It seems like every year I tell myself that I am going to exercise and lose some weight. And it seems like every year, I start off well and after a while, I fall off the path. And I regain everything back.
But this time, I am not going to fall off the path. No siree, I'm not going to be fat anymore.
It's not that I'm woefully ignorant and I think that I look like a marathon runner or a weightlifter. I know I'm fat. I've been aware of that fact for a long time, may years. I guess that until now, I just never did anything about changing the situation I was in. I used to be thin but I let my weight weasel-creep up to what I weigh now, which is not a very nice number unless you are referring to an IQ that is unhumanly high. The "I'm going to lose weight, but hey, are those chocolate chip cookies...I love cookies. I can lose weight later" problem. My IQ is quite high (one in 5 million have an IQ higher than mine) but not as high as my weight.
Weasel-creep is a bad thing. You look at yourself and you never notice how you're slowly gaining weight. And one day, you wake up and your mind is screaming, "JESUS FREAKING CHRIST, WHERE THE HELL DID THOSE POUNDS COME FROM? WHO PUT ME IN THIS BODY? WHERE DID MY BODY GO?" And I foolishly allowed that to happen. It really sucks since I could have done a whole lot earlier and prevented this from getting to the point it is right now.
Since I started exercising (jogging and lifting weights), I have lost about 15 pounds. Which is a nice start. But I still look the same, but maybe a little thinner looking around the face. It's like taking five gallons of water out of a Olympic-sized swimming pool. "Are those cheekbones? Where did those come from?" At least my clothes fit a lot better and I can wear stuff I haven't worn in several years.
I shall be less of a person (physically) by the end of this summer. Maybe I'll be able to make skinny jokes about myself instead of fat jokes.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

The Kansas Law Student said...

Congrats on that. I have gained what you've lost, but I too have high goals of getting back in shape.