Sunday, March 19, 2006

Spring Break Update

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the semi-regularly updated site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for an update, as it's been a while since I've posted an entry on this blog.

It's March Madness...and there are quite a few irate KU men's basketball fans. The Jayhawks got knocked out in the first round to Bradley, a team from the Missouri Valley conference. I know the team is young, but come on...first round...again? To a team beginning with a "B" again, I might add. I hope this doesn't become a reoccuring pattern next year. And another thing, the KU band should not play Fall Out Boy's "We're Going Down". I know the song is catchy and all, but they lyrics are describing the basketball team's NCCA tournament: "We're going down, down in an earlier round/Sugar we're going down swinging..." It might become the official Choke Song of KU Men's Basketball. I'm sure that next year, the NCAA selection committee will put KU as a 5 seed playing some team beginning with a B like Belmont or Ball State. The only good thing I can think of (and it is sarcastic, mind you) is that going out in the first round means that it eliminated the chance of losing to Bucknell again (who is still in the tournament). Go figure.

I wrote a question to my Professional Responsibility professor (required for the participation grade). It somehow managed to get turned into the question posted up by my professor as the discussion question on the PR forum. I apologize for submitting this question as it is a real mind-twister. I should have sent in a much easier one, but then again, I have a habit of asking the tough questions...

The weather in Kansas is messed up. It's supposed to snow quite a bit on Monday and Tuesday. Enough for the weather service to issue a Winter Weather advisory. It's officially spring on Monday. Last week it was a freaking microburst and this week it's going to be snow. Two weeks from now, who knows what will pop up next? I'm guessing a momentous deluge of near-Biblical proportions. Either that or a heatwave...

Oh, the ABA will be coming to school. Accreditation check. We'll get accreditation...barring some mishap of immense magnitude. I'll keep the blinds down and neatly dusted, keep the furniture in the same spot, do a litter-watch, and...list goes on. Or I could just show up to class, pay attention, and ask pertinent questions. Not as if that mattered with the ABA Accreditation people...It's common sense, you know.

That's all for now.

No comments: