Monday, January 09, 2006

Random Thoughts

Greetings and welcome back to the Un-Zone, the semi-regularly updated site for all things related to Un. It's a new year and nothing has changed or so it seems. It could be that things are changing so fast, it seems like nothing has changed at all. Or I am totally clueless about what is going on right now. Oh well.

I watched lots of college football. Penn State v. Florida State was entertaining. Lots of missed field goals. That game should be called the "Crappy Kicker Contest" or "The Wide Everything Game" in homage of Florida State's notorious record of losing games due to missed field goals. Three overtimes. One missed extra point. Four missed field goals. Redeeming yourself after kicking the game winner? Priceless. For everything else there is no consolation, cause you're not a winner and will be harassed on campus when you return and will forever be known as the guy who missed several game winners.
Let's get this straight. USC was overrated and overhyped. Come on..."best college football team ever?" How about Oklahoma winning 47 in a row? USC? 34. Leinart and Bush will trample Texas and win by at least a touchdown? Texas won. Leinart saying that USC was still the better team? You didn't win. Texas had no Heisman winner and little respect. But that doesn't matter if you won the championship game. Better team? Texas.

I made no resolutions this year. Never make them. Don't care for them. That's all.

In about two weeks, law school win begin anew. Whoopee. I can't wait. Note the enthusiam or the lack of it. I sometimes wonder why I am in law school. Not that I don't like law school, but I question why I made that decision in the first place. I sometimes think I should have went into a PhD program or cooking school or something different. It would have been more structured and the grading process would have been less...well...subjective and more objective. You know you screwed up in cooking school if you burn everything to a black char. You know you sucked on an essay if you see lousy grammar and a lack of focus. Law school? You think it was randomly graded. See the November issue of the Brief-Brief. Oh well.

I'm going to write an article for the February edition of the Brief-Brief. I'm not sure what it will be about, but it will probably cement my burgeoning reputation as a funny writer who doesn't care what people think about him and knows way too much. Might as well throw caution to the wind and take the leap off the cliff. You never do anything without giving it your all, right?

That's all for now.

No comments: