Monday, February 12, 2007

Here Comes the Rain Again...Turning Into Snow

Greetings and welcome back to The Un-Zone, the only site on the Internet devoted to all things related to Un. It's time for an update to this website, something that has been lacking in the past few days. Then again, it may be due to other reasons, other than a lack of random thoughts floating around in my head. Well, here comes an update...

It's now raining in Lawrence right now. And it will turn into freezing rain and quite possibly, snow. Ah, nothing like winter weather in Kansas. I'm not going to complain, as I could be in New York right now and have over ten feet of snow on top of me right now. That would be something to talk about. The pictures put everything into a proper perspective. For some reason, people want snow and when it comes, they start complaining and start wishing that it would end. Go figure.

I'm still working on a research paper for Advanced International Trade Law (AITL). It's getting better...I think. At this moment, I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm now going over a lovely (note the sarcasm) 160 page report on the Internet and China written by the Human Rights Watch organization. That's in additon to the OpenNet Initiative summary of the situation. All in all, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, which isn't saying that much, as I had very low standards for such academic work. I still wonder how my AITL professor maintains his sanity while reading WTO Panel Reports, as those can be well over 300 pages long.
In other law school related business, the Advanced Litigation case is going quite swimmingly. It's about a nasty child custody dispute with wacky facts like the mother supposedly belonging to a cult (rules include no bathing, lighting incense, and listening to sitar music all day); a father who allegedly drinks, gambles, and cheats with his secretary; and a child psychologist named Dr. Kildare. It's almost too good to be true, which I suspect this case is. That is, a true child custody case but modified. I just can't wait to become a lawyer (more sarcasm here) and deal with cases like this...

You my have also noticed that Gray Hall Two is on hiatus at this moment. Don't fret. I should have a new chapter up very soon. I've got all this other stuff to worry about and the story had to wait.


That's all for now.

No comments: